On This Page
Castle Hill in New South Wales (NSW) got its name when the Third Government Farm was started, which was referred to as “Castle Hill.”There are several heritage-listed sites in the suburb, along with shopping centres and it is home to the storage for the Powerhouse Museum.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Castle Hill*
Total Installed Capacity in Castle Hill (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Castle Hill, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Castle Hill, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Castle Hill
If you’re planning to have rooftop solar panels in Castle Hill installed, the first thing to do is to find a solar installer. The right solar installer in Castle Hill will ensure you have a solar system that meets your energy needs, budget, and personal preference.
With so many solar installers today, it may be overwhelming to choose from one of them. Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they are financially stable and can honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated annually.
Additionally, most solar installers in Castle Hill have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. This is why we highly encourage homeowners and business owners to take the time to compare multiple quotes.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a 6.6 kW solar system with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent of solar panels than your inverter is rated at.
We also recommend getting a bigger solar system in Castle Hill initially. With the fast-paced electrification in Australia today, which will impact your future energy needs, getting a bigger solar system as early as now will be beneficial. This can also be beneficial when purchasing an electric vehicle or solar battery.
Solar rebates and incentives in Castle Hill, NSW
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Castle Hill may be eligible for Swap for Solar. Homeowners can swap their Low-Income Household Rebate in exchange for a 3kW solar system with installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
If you’re not eligible for a Swap for Solar, you can get a rebate swap instead. With this, you can get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades of up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
The Australian federal government provides STCs to households and businesses with renewable energy systems. However, the value of an STC will depend on the supply and demand in the market. So, every solar system in Castle Hill is assigned a specific number of STCs. Then, the total value of STCs will be deducted from the overall value of your solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
FiTs are provided by energy retailers to households that export excess energy back into the grid. Your energy retailer is the one who will set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Castle Hill
There are several factors to consider to ensure you install the right rooftop solar panels in Castle Hill.
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in the best condition before you install rooftop solar panels in Castle Hill.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need in Castle Hill, you need to know your average monthly energy consumption. You can look into your previous energy bills for this.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may cause shade, which may impact your rooftop solar panels’ efficiency. You can trim them down, whilst your solar installer in Castle Hill may help you find the perfect spot for your solar system.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE solar quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Castle Hill, NSW
With a solar battery in Castle Hill, NSW, you can store energy generated by your solar system. Hence, you can use that energy to power your home throughout the night, on overcast days or during blackouts.
- Energy independence: A solar battery in Castle Hill will help reduce grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely happen in Castle Hill, but they can be a huge hassle. The Tesla Powerwall is among the many solar batteries you can get in Castle Hill today.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money. It will allow you to receive credits for sharing the power stored by your solar battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Castle Hill
The NSW Government is reducing the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligibles EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. To be eligible, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, it will save consumers up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits you can get from an EV:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. Therefore, you can save more money with an EV.
- Help meet the counter’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can be a part of this by simply driving an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world, and EV batteries are primarily made of lithium. When you have an EV, you also support the country’s lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Castle Hill solar panels
A mid-range home in Castle Hill can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Now is the right time to switch to Deniliquin solar energy. We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and selecting the right solar installer Kempsey whom you can trust. With this, you can guarantee a solar system in Newcastle that meets your energy needs.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free solar quote and find out what payment plan options are available.