Choosing the right solar retailer is crucial in transitioning to solar energy, as it’s a significant investment that will impact your energy bills and environmental impact for years. With numerous companies offering solar solutions, making an informed decision is essential. Here’s a comprehensive guide to help you navigate the process and determine the best solar retailer.
Are you looking to save money on your electricity bills and reduce your carbon footprint? Solar energy is the perfect solution! Energy Matters can help you get up to 3 FREE quotes from pre-qualified and vetted solar firms in your area.
Energy Matters has been a leader in the renewable energy industry since 2005 and has helped over 40,000 Australian households in their journey to energy independence. With Energy Matters, you can be sure you’re getting the best possible deal on solar energy. We only work with reputable solar firms with a proven track record of delivering high-quality solar systems.
Understand your local incentives
The availability and amount of solar incentives vary greatly depending on your location. Before you start shopping for a solar retailer, be sure to research the incentives that are available in your area. These incentives can significantly reduce the upfront cost of a solar photovoltaic (PV) system, so it’s important to understand what’s available before you start shopping around.
Talk to your neighbours who have solar panels
If you know anyone with solar panels, ask them about their experience with their solar retailer. They can give you firsthand information about the company’s installation process, customer service, and solar system performance.
Research and credentials
Start by researching various solar retailers. Look for their credentials, certifications, and years of experience in the industry. Verify if they are accredited by organisations like the Clean Energy Council (CEC) in Australia or similar bodies in other regions. Accreditation ensures adherence to industry standards and quality.
Customer reviews and testimonials
Check customer reviews and testimonials on independent platforms. Reading about other customers’ experiences can provide valuable insights into the company’s reliability, service quality, and after-sales support.
Product quality and warranty
Assess the quality of the retailer’s solar panels, inverters, and other equipment. Inquire about the warranties provided for the products and services. High-quality components often come with longer warranties, indicating the retailer’s confidence in their durability.
Unleash the potential of solar battery storage! Are you ready to transform the way you power your business or household? Say goodbye to rising electricity costs and unpredictable energy grids. The state-of-the-art solar battery systems empower you to maximise energy efficiency, save money, and reduce your carbon footprint while enjoying an uninterrupted power supply.
A good solar retailer should offer customised solutions tailored to your needs. They should assess your property’s energy consumption patterns and design a system that maximises solar efficiency.
Transparent pricing and financing options
Look for transparency in pricing. Avoid retailers who use high-pressure sales tactics or provide vague quotations. A reputable solar retailer should be transparent about costs and offer various financing options or incentives, such as government rebates or financing programs.
Local presence and support
Consider choosing a retailer with a local presence and good customer support. Local companies often provide better customer service, quicker response times, and ease of maintenance or repairs if needed.
Environmental commitment and ethical practices
Assess the company’s commitment to sustainability and ethical business practices. Companies prioritising environmentally friendly practices in their operations are more likely to align with your values.
Ask questions and seek clarification
Don’t shy away from asking questions. Clear all doubts regarding the installation process, maintenance, system performance, and any other concerns you may have before making a decision.
Inquire about after-sales support, maintenance, and monitoring services the retailer offers. A reliable retailer will assist even after the installation is complete.
Read the contract carefully before you sign it
Ensure you understand the contract’s terms and conditions before you sign it. Ask questions if you don’t understand something.
Get multiple quotes and compare
Once you have found a few solar retailers that interest you, get multiple quotes from each retailer. This will help you compare the installation cost, equipment used, and warranty.
Additional tips to keep in mind when choosing a solar retailer
- Be wary of high-pressure sales tactics. A reputable solar retailer will give you time to decide and will not pressure you to sign a contract.
- Avoid retailers that offer door-to-door sales. Door-to-door solar sales are often scams.
- Be wary of retailers that offer free solar panels. There is no such thing as a free solar panel. Retailers offering free solar panels often try to lock you into a long-term contract with high interest rates.
- Make sure that the retailer is licensed and insured. This will protect you in case of any problems with the installation or products.
- Choose a financially stable retailer. This will ensure that they will be around to honour their warranties and provide support in the future.
- Choose a retailer with a communication style that you are comfortable with. Make sure that they can answer your questions clearly and concisely.
- Be sure to understand the payment terms before you sign any contracts. Ask about any upfront costs, financing options, and cancellation policies.
- A good solar retailer should have a proven track record of success. Look for a company with at least several years of experience and a good reputation in the community. You can read online reviews to understand other customers’ experiences with different retailers.
- Make sure the solar retailer you choose is licensed and insured. You can check with your state’s licensing board to verify the company’s license status. Additionally, some solar retailers may have certifications from organisations such as the Clean Energy Council (CEC) in Australia. Accreditation ensures that the retailer meets certain standards of quality and professionalism.
- The solar retailer you choose should offer high-quality products and workmanship. Look for a company that uses Tier 1 solar panels and inverters. These are the most reputable and reliable products on the market. You should also make sure the company’s installers are experienced and certified.
Once you have chosen a solar retailer, be sure to get everything in writing
The purchase contract: This should include the price of the system, the equipment that is being installed, the installation process, and the warranties.
The financing agreement: If you are financing the system, understand the loan terms, including the interest rate and monthly payments.
- The installation schedule: This should include the installation’s start and end dates and any special instructions for the installers.
Keep in mind that …
The best solar retailer for you might be a smaller or more well-known one; it’s the one that meets your specific requirements and offers reliable service.
Selecting the right solar retailer involves thorough research, considering various factors, and ensuring alignment with your needs and values. Following these steps and solar power transition.
Why choose Energy Matters?
- We’ve been in the solar industry since 2005 and have helped over 40,000 Australian households journey to energy independence.
- We’ve pre-qualified and vetted our solar installers accredited for their track record of delivering Australia’s best business and household solar systems.
- We’ll match you with installers who are local to you, so you can get a quote that’s tailored to your needs.
Benefits of going solar with Energy Matters
Get up to 3 FREE quotes
We’ll connect you with 3 different solar installers so you can compare prices and services.
Work with trusted installers
We only work with solar installers who have been pre-qualified and vetted for their track record of delivering quality solar systems.
Get peace of mind
We’ll support you every step of the way, from the initial consultation to the final installation. Our team will assist you with the information you need to go solar!
Questions? Contact our team of friendly experts for free, no-obligation advice on the best solar panels, best solar batteries and full systems for your circumstances. You can also generate a quick solar quote or view our current system specials.
So what are you waiting for? Energy Matters can help! We have a trusted network of local, pre-qualified and vetted installers ready to provide competitive quotes and answer your questions. Get up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes by completing our quick quiz.