On This Page
Pinelands in Northern Territory (NT) is a busy, industrial suburb along the Stuart Highway. The roads are usually serviced by heavy vehicles and road trains every day.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Pinelands*
Total Installed Capacity in Pinelands (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Pinelands, NT
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Pinelands, NT by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Pinelands
NT is seeing a growing number of rooftop solar installations today. As electrification speeds up across the country that will impact future energy needs of households and businesses today. This is the reason cities and suburbs are now switching to renewable energy sources.
In Pinelands, you can now take advantage of solar power. Your first step is to look for a solar installer in Vineland’s who can accommodate your personal preferences, budget, and energy needs. With many solar installers in Vineland’s today, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. That’s why we’re here to help.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers. With their high bankability, they can honour their warranties and can produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can find them on Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NT are equipped with solar systems with 6.6 kW of PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We also recommend you get a bigger solar system initially to save more money in the long run. Instead of upgrading, you don’t need to worry about it in the years to come.
Solar rebates and incentives in Pinelands, NT
The NT government offers solar rebates and incentives that make renewable energy more appealing, accessible, and affordable to its residents.
Home & Business Battery Scheme (HBBS)
Purchasing and installing solar panels with eligible batteries and inverters can get you $6,000 grant under the HBBS. On the other hand, those with existing solar batteries and inverters may also get HBBS as long as the battery is at least 7 kWh.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs vary based on the size and location of the rooftop solar system. They can traded for cash and deducted from the cost of the overall solar system cost.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
It is your energy retailer who will provide FiTs when you export excess energy into the grid. The rates will be based on your energy retailer, which is why you need to take the time to find an energy retailer to get for the best FiT rates.
The right solar system in Pinelands
There are a few things to consider when installing rooftop solar panels in Pinelands.
- Roof condition: You roof should be in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Pinelands.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of your roof should be tilted at the same angle a the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need for your home in Pinelands, you need to get your average monthly energy consumption. You can find this information in your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property may cause shade that could impact the efficiency of your solar system in Pinelands. You can trim them down, whilst your solar installer in Pinelands will design a system that will maximise your roof space.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Pinelands?
A solar battery in Pinelands will let you store excess energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. With this, you will have power throughout the night, on overcast days or during blackouts:
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependency and save on energy bills with a solar battery in Pinelands. You can also make your home full self-sufficient with a solar battery.
- Blackout protection: The Tesla Powerwall is among the available solar batteries you can use to protect your home from blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more when you gain credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery back into the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Pinelands
Northern Territory’s EV strategy and implementation plan were released last year. The plan will incentivise the purchase of new and used EVs through free registration and reduced stamp duty for five years as of July 2022.
The new plan will also see an expansion of EVs within government and agency fleets and an expansion of charging infrastructure, among others. By 2030, the NT Government fleet will have 200 EVs at a rate of 20 additional vehicles yearly.
Additionally, residents in smaller centres will benefit from a grants program.
Switching to an EV in Pinelands is an excellent idea, and you get more benefits like the ones listed below:
- Lower costs: Running and maintaining an EV are more affordable.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050, and you can help by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium in the world, and EV batteries are primarily made of lithium. When you have an EV, you can help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Pinelands solar panels
For a mid-range home in Pinelands, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.