On This Page
Point Cook is a suburb in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 22 kilometres south-west of Melbourne’s Central Business District. Point Cook is a residential suburb with a mix of single-family homes, townhouses, and apartments. There are also a number of commercial and industrial areas in the suburb.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Point Cook*
Total Installed Capacity in Point Cook (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Point Cook, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Point Cook, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Point Cook
In Point Cook, solar energy costs have been reduced. The Victorian government is still working to improve the appeal and accessibility of renewable energy. By the beginning of 2023, the state will have more than 650,000 small-scale PV systems installed, according to a study by the Clean Energy Regulator (CER).
This shows that switching to solar energy is a good idea right now. Finding the top solar installer in Point Cook should be your priority.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers in Point Cook. They have high bankability and can honour their warranties. Also, they produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated annually.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Victoria come with a rooftop solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Consider getting a bigger solar system in Point Cook now because of the electrification that’s sweeping across the country. A bigger solar system will lead to cost savings and will prepare you for the impact of electrification on your future energy needs.
Solar rebates and incentives in Point Cook, VIC
Victoria Solar Homes Program
One million homes are expected to install rooftop solar panels over a ten-year period, under the Victoria Solar Homes Program. Consequently, this subsidy offers considerable savings to qualified homeowners:
- Solar panel price: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Solar water heaters: $1,000.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs, a kind of rebate, are available to Australians with rooftop solar systems to help cover the initial costs of the installation. The number of STCs varies depending on the system’s anticipated lifetime production.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Energy retailers provide FiTs when homeowners export excess energy into the grid. There are two types of FiTs in Victoria:
- Single-rate FiT: Applies one rate for all energy produced
- Time-varying FiT: Applies different rates at different times of the day
It’s essential to be mindful of peak times, which is usually between 3 pm and 9 pm on weekdays to get the most out of your FiTs.
The right solar system in Point Cook
The following crucial considerations must be made when installing rooftop solar panels in Point Cook:
- Roof condition: Prior to installing rooftop solar panels in Point Cook, your roof should be in excellent condition.
- Roof angle: Your solar panels’ slope ought to correspond to or be the same as the latitude angle at which your house is situated.
- Energy usage: Examine your previous energy bills to establish how many solar panels you need in Point Cook. Then, you’ll be aware of your monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees surrounding your home greatly contribute to the shade, which may reduce the effectiveness of your solar panels. They can be cut down, and your Point Cook solar installer will collaborate with you to find the ideal location for your rooftop solar panels.
Do you need a solar battery in Point Cook, VIC?
The following advantages come from using a solar battery in Point Cook to store the energy produced by your rooftop solar panels:
- Energy independence: By putting in a solar battery in Point Cook, you can completely cut off your house from the grid and lessen your dependence on it.
- Blackout protection: Blackout protection is possible in Point Cook, thanks to a number of batteries, including the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP)) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
You can now get many brands and types of solar batteries in Point Cook, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Point Cook
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Narre Warren. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-powered vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Point Cook solar panels
For a mid-range home in Point Cook, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Remember how you consume energy, and your usage pattern plays an important role here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.