On This Page
Known as one of the most sought-after suburbs in Western Australia (WA), Swanbourne is an affluent residential area that is populated by older Federation-style homes. Initially, the suburb was called “Osborne” but was renamed in 1921 not to be confused with Osborne Park.
It is also well-known for being one of the official nudist beaches in Perth, located north of the Swanbourne Beach.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Swanbourne*
Total Installed Capacity in Swanbourne (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Swanbourne, WA
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Swanbourne, WA by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Swanbourne
Solar energy is booming in WA, thanks to the many households and business owners that are switching to solar energy. In Swanbourne alone, the increase of homeowners installing rooftop solar panels are increasing. This is also due to solar energy being more accessible and affordable.
As electrification sweeps the country, homeowners are preparing for its impact on their future energy needs. This results in a higher demand for rooftop solar panels.
If you’re considering switching to solar energy, now is the best time to do so. The first step is to find the right solar installer in Swanbourne who will consider your energy needs, personal preference, and budget.
However, many first-timers hit a roadblock due to the overwhelming number of solar installers in Swanbourne today. Who should you choose? Don’t worry; we’re here to help.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they can honour their warranties and produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can find them by checking out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
An important thing to remember is that most solar installers in Swanbourne have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. So, if you’re particular about the brand, or you don’t want to be tied down to a specific manufacturer, it’s essential you shop around.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in WA have a 6.6 kW PV panels with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Initially, we also recommend that you get a bigger solar system as this is a smart move now due to further electrification that’s taking over the nation. A bigger solar system prepares you better, and makes room for a solar battery and an electric vehicle.
Solar rebates and incentives in Swanbourne, WA
As of the moment, WA doesn’t have solar incentives, but solar rebates are available that homeowners can take advantage of.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
When you have rooftop solar panels in Swanbourne, you are eligible to receive STCs. You can trade them in exchange for a huge discount on the upfront cost of the solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
FiTs are provided by energy retailers when they export excess energy back into the grid. That said, your energy retailer is the one who will set the FiT rate, which will reflect as a discount on your energy bills.
The right solar system in Swanbourne
You need to consider a few important factors before installing rooftop solar panels in Swanbourne:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Swanbourne. We recommend hiring a professional roof inspector for this.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need in Swanbourne, look into your previous energy bills to get information on your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property may cause shade, which may compromise the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Swanbourne. Trimming them down will help, whilst your solar installer in Swanbourne will help you find the right spot for you.
Your solar installer in Swanbourne will also design a system that suits your roof and help maximise your roof space.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Swanbourne?
A solar battery in Swanbourne will let you store excess energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. As a result, you can look forward to having power throughout the day or night.
- Energy independence: When you have a solar battery in Swanbourne, you can reduce your grid dependency and save on energy bills. This can also make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: A solar battery in Swanbourne will guarantee that you have power even during a blackout. Among the solar batteries you can get today is the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can save you even more money and gain credits for sharing the stored power in your solar battery in Nedlands..
Today, you can choose from many brands and types of solar batteries in Swanbourne.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Swanbourne
Western Australia has subsidies in the form of a $59.1 million package, which includes $3,500 rebates for up to 10,000 buyers of new Battery-Electric vehicles (BEV) and Fuel-Cell Electric Vehicles (FCEV). Additionally, there is a $22.6 million investment in infrastructure to support EVs.
Under this new package, the first 10,000 West Australians to buy a sub-$70,000 BEV or FCEV will get a $3,500 rebate from the WA government. The WA government also nominated a yearly fuel saving of $1,400 for the average motorist who switches from combustion power to a zero-emissions vehicle.
There is also a $4 million fund for the Public Transport Authority to trial the installation of EV charging infrastructure that will provide up to 20 bays per car park with commuter charging access at four key stations. The remainder of $2.9 million will be used to install eight new charging stations along National Highway 1. By 2027, WA will introduce a new distance-based road user charge of 2.5c per kilometre for BEV and FCEV.
Finally, the government offers a $200 rebate for home-charging an EV or plug-in hybrid as part of the WA’s Home Plan incentive.
With the WA Government’s continuous efforts to reach net zero, more EV models will be launched. Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier and more affordable to run and maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net-zero by 2050. You can be a part of this when you switch to an EV today.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium in the world, and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV can help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Swanrbourne solar panels
The return on investment for a mid-range home in Swanbourne is around two to six years. Still, this will depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Nonetheless, the more you consume solar, the more you save on energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.