On This Page
Sydenham in Victoria (VIC) is a family-friendly, affordable suburb with various parks and walking tracks. It’s a comfortable little area in Metro Melbourne that is ideal for raising a family. Sydenham is also close to everything—from schools to public transport.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Sydenham*
Total Installed Capacity in Sydenham (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Sydenham, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Sydenham, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Sydenham
If you’re planning to switch to solar in Sydenham, then you’re on the right page. It’s true that there are now many solar installers in Sydenham today, which can be overwhelming. The good news? We can help you find the right solar installer in Sydenham that will match your energy needs, personal preference, and budget.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they are known to produce higher-quality solar panels and honour their warranties.
Check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
One thing to remember is that most solar installers in Sydenham have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. If you’re particular about the brand, you need to take the time to compare multiple quotes.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Victoria are equipped with a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Also one thing we recommend is that you consider getting a bigger solar system in Sydenham initially. This is to prepare for the impact of electrification to your future energy needs as the country is picking up the pace, and soon enough, everything will be electric.
With a bigger solar system in Sydenham, you are prepared, especially when you have plans to get a solar battery or an electric vehicle. In addition, this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Sydenham, VIC
Small-scale technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are provided to all Australians with a solar system on their properties. When you install rooftop solar panels in Sydenham, you can get STCs you can trade for cash. However, the amount of STCs will vary based on the expected solar system output throughout its lifespan.
Victoria Solar Homes Program
The Victoria Solar Homes Program can get you several discounts. However, you need to check your eligibility first.
Here are the rebates you can get under the program:
- Solar system cost: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Solar hot water systems: $1,000
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
When you export excess energy back into the grid, you are entitled to receive FiTs provided by your energy retailer. There are two types of FiTs in Victoria and they are rated for every kWh of power exported:
- Single-rate FiT: Applies one rate for all energy produced.
- Time-varying FiT: Applies different rates at different times of the day.
Peak times are around 3 pm to 9 pm on weekdays when you can earn the highest FiTs during this time.
The right solar system in Sydenham
Next, there are several factors to consider before installing rooftop solar panels in Sydenham, VIC. They are the following:
- Roof condition: Make sure your roof is in perfect condition first before installing rooftop solar panels in Sydenham. It’s best to hire a roof inspector to ensure that the roof is in its best.
- Roof angle: The angle of the roof is important for your rooftop solar panels’ efficiency. Ideally, it should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your property’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels in Sydenham that you need, you need to look into your average monthly energy consumption. You can get this information by looking into previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Consider trees and other structures surrounding your home as they may cause shade that could impact the efficiency of your solar system in Sydenham. You can trim the trees, whilst your solar installer in Sydenham will help find the best spot for the rooftop solar panels.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Sydenham, VIC?
A solar battery in Sydenham will help you store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. As a result, you will have energy on overcast days, throughout the night or during blackouts.
- Energy independence: You can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient with a solar battery in Sydenham.
- Blackout protection: With a solar battery in Sydenham, you don’t have to worry about blackouts. The Tesla Powerwall is among the many solar batteries you can choose from today.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back into the grid.
There are now many brands and types of solar batteries you can get in Sydenham, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Sydenham
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Sydenham. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-power vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Sydenham solar panels
For a mid-range home in Sydenham, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Keep in mind that how you consume energy and your usage pattern play important roles here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.