On This Page
Lined with leafy streets and beautiful homes, Taylors Lakes in Victoria (VIC) is a quiet and friendly suburb filled with mostly young families. The suburb has quick access to the Calder Freeway, making it close to everything you need.
For those intrigued by the idea of solar energy, exploring the possibility of integration into your home is just a click away. Energy Matters offers a no-obligation opportunity to obtain free solar quotes, providing valuable insights tailored to your needs and ensuring a seamless transition to a more sustainable energy source.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Taylors Lakes*
Total Installed Capacity in Taylors Lakes (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Taylors Lakes, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Taylors Lakes, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Taylors Lakes
There is now a growing number of households and businesses in Victoria that are switching to solar energy. As for Taylors Lakes, there is 15 per cent of households have rooftop solar panels installed.
If you’re planning to make the switch, then you need to find the right solar installer in Taylors Lakes. The right solar installers in Taylors Lakes will consider your energy needs, personal preference, and budget.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they can honour their warranties and are known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
To know who these manufacturers are, check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated annually.
One thing to remember is that most solar installers have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. So, if you have a brand in mind, it’s vital you take the time to compare multiple quotes.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
For Most homes in Victoria, the average solar system size is 6.6 kW of PV panels with a 5 kW inverter. Homeowners can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Another recommendation we have is to buy a bigger solar system in Taylors Lakes initially. Electrification in the country is going at a rapid pace, which will impact everybody’s energy needs. By buying a bigger solar system as early as now, you get to save more money. This is also beneficial when you have plans to purchase a solar battery for an electric vehicle soon.
Solar rebates and incentives in Taylors Lakes, VIC
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are provided when you buy your solar system in Taylors Lakes. Installing rooftop solar panels in Taylors Lakes, VIC provides you with STCs you can trade for cash. However, the amount of STCs you get will depend on the expected solar system output throughout its lifespan.
Victoria Solar Homes Program
Eligible households in Taylor Lakes may get a rebate of up to $1,400 off the solar system cost. Whilst those with solar batteries can get a rebate of up to $2,950, and homeowners with solar hot water systems can get up to $1,000.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
FiTs are given when homeowners export excess energy back into to grid. The FiTs are for every kWh of power exported, and in Victoria, there are two types of FiTs:
- Single-rate FiT: Applies one rate for all energy produced.
- Time-varying FiT: Applies different rates at different times of the day.
Note that the peak times are around 3 pm to 9 pm on weekdays, which means you can earn the highest FiT during this time.
The right solar system in Taylors Lakes
Some important factors must be considered to ensure you get the right solar system in Taylors Lakes.
- Roof condition: Make sure your roof is in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Taylors Lakes.
- Roof angle: The roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your property’s location.
- Energy consumption: Determine the number of solar panels you need for your Taylors Lakes home by looking into previous energy bills. This will give you a general idea of your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may reduce the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Taylors Lakes. One thing you can do is trim them down, whilst your solar installer will help find the right spot for your solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Taylors Lakes, VIC?
When you have a solar battery in Taylors Lakes, you can store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. As a result, you have energy on overcast days, throughout the night or during blackouts.
- Energy independence: You can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient when you have a solar battery in Taylors Lakes.
- Blackout protection: A solar battery, such as the Tesla Powerwall, can ensure you have power in your home even during a blackout.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back into the grid.
There are now many brands and types of solar batteries you can get in Taylors Lakes, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Taylors Lakes
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Taylors Lakes. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-power vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Taylors Lakes solar panels
For a mid-range home in Taylors Lakes, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Keep in mind that how you consume energy and your usage pattern play important roles here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.