On This Page
The Narrows in Northern Territory (NT) is an inner suburb in the city of Darwin. Its unique name is derived from the land between Ludmilla and Sadgrove Creeks.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in The Narrows*
Total Installed Capacity in The Narrows (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in The Narrows, NT
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in The Narrows, NT by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in The Narrows, NT
NT is steadily growing in renewable energy sources, with more households and businesses installing solar. Rooftop solar panels are highly preferred, and the number of homes in The Narrows is growing.
Electrification is sweeping across the country, which will impact future energy needs. By installing rooftop solar panels and other renewable energy systems, homeowners and business owners are prepared for the energy changes that can already be felt and seen now.
If you’re considering rooftop solar installation, you need to find the right installer in The Narows.. There are many solar installers in The Narrows today that may prove to be overwhelming for many—that’s why here at Energy Matters, we’re here to make the transition to solar a lot easier.
We recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their reputation. With high bankability, these manufacturers are highly likely to be in the industry for 25 years or more, enough to ensure they can honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can find them on Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NT have solar systems with 6.6 kW of PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We also recommend getting a bigger solar system initially to save you money in the long run. This prevents you from upgrading in the near future, which could cost you more.
Solar rebates and incentives in The Narrows, NT
The NT government offers solar rebates and incentives that make renewable energy more appealing, accessible, and affordable to its residents.
Home & Business Battery Scheme (HBBS)
Purchasing and installing solar panels with eligible batteries and inverters can get you $6,000 grant under the HBBS. On the other hand, those with existing solar batteries and inverters may also get HBBS as long as the battery is at least 7 kWh.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs vary based on the size and location of the rooftop solar system. They can be traded for cash and deducted from the overall solar system cost.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
It is your energy retailer who will provide FiTs when you export excess energy into the grid. The rates will be based on your energy retailer, which is why you need to take the time to find an energy retailer to get for the best FiT rates.
The right solar system in The Narrows
There are a few things to consider when installing rooftop solar panels in The Narrows.
- Roof condition: Your roof should be perfect before installing rooftop solar panels in The Narrows.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of your roof should be tilted at the same angle a the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need for your home in The Narrows, you need to get your average monthly energy consumption. You can find this information in your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property may cause shade that could impact the efficiency of your solar system in The Narrows. You can trim them down, whilst your solar installer in The Narrows will design a system that will maximise your roof space.
Do you need a solar storage battery in The Narrows?
A solar battery in The Narrows will let you store excess energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. With this, you will have power throughout the night, on overcast days or during blackouts:
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependency and save on energy bills with a solar battery in The Narrows. You can also make your home full self-sufficient with a solar battery.
- Blackout protection: The Tesla Powerwall is among the available solar batteries you can use to protect your home from blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more when you gain credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery back into the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in The Narrows
Northern Territory’s EV strategy and implementation plan were released last year. The plan will incentivise the purchase of new and used EVs through free registration and reduced stamp duty for five years as of July 2022.
The new plan will also see an expansion of EVs within government and agency fleets and an expansion of charging infrastructure, among others. By 2030, the NT Government fleet will have 200 EVs at a rate of 20 additional vehicles yearly.
Additionally, residents in smaller centres will benefit from a grants program.
Switching to an EV in The Narrows is an excellent idea, and you get more benefits like the ones listed below:
- Lower costs: Running and maintaining an EV are more affordable.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050, and you can help by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium in the world, and EV batteries are primarily made of lithium. When you have an EV, you can help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on The Narrows solar panels
If you own a mid-range solar system in The Narrows, the return on investment is between two and six years. Keep in mind that your energy consumption and usage pattern will play crucial roles here, which you should also consider when it comes to your ROI. Nevertheless, you can reap the rewards of going solar in the coming years.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.