On This Page
Wetherill Park in New South Wales (NSW) is the centre of manufacturing and distribution in Greater Western Sydney. One of the most interesting things about the suburb is that all of its streets are named after famous writers.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Wetherill Park*
Total Installed Capacity in Wetherill Park (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Wetherill Park, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Wetherill Park, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Wetherill Park
There is a significant increase in the number of homeowners in Weatherill Park that are switching to solar energy. If you’re planning to make the switch as well, you need to find the right installer in Wetherill Park first.
With the many solar installers in Wetherill Park today, it’s natural to feel overwhelmed. Take the time to compare multiple quotes to ensure you get the solar installer that will consider your energy needs, budget, and personal preference.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they produce higher quality solar panels and can honour their warranties.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated annually.
Remember that most Weatherill Park solar installers have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. So, if you’re particular about the brand, it won’t hurt to get several quotes first.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system size of 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We also recommend getting a bigger solar system early on, considering the rapid electrification in Australia that will impact your future energy needs. Getting a bigger solar system as early as now prepares you for the changes, especially if you plan to buy an electric vehicle or a solar battery.
Solar rebates and incentives in Wetherill Park
The NSW Government continuously makes solar affordable to NSW homeowners through solar rebates and incentives. They are the following:
Swap for Solar
Low-income households can still gets solar energy through Swap for Solar. Homeowners can swap their Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, which includes installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
In case you’re not eligible for a Swap for Solar, you can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades instead. Through this, you get home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
When you have a solar system in Wetherill Park, you are entitled to receive STCs. You can trade them in exchange for a discount on the upfront installation cost of your solar system.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Your energy retailer will provide you with FiTs when you export excess energy back into the grid. Hence, they are the ones who will set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Wetherill Park
You need to consider a few things to ensure you get the right rooftop solar panels in Weatherill Park, such as:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in perfect condition before rooftop solar panels are installed.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your Weatherill Park property, you need to get a clear idea of your average monthly consumption by looking into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property may cause shade that may impact the efficiency of your solar panels in Wetherill Park. You can trim them down, whilst your solar installer in Wetherill will find the perfect spot for your rooftop solar panels.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Wetherill Park, NSW?
With a home solar battery storage in Wetherill, you can store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. Through this, you can ensure you have power or overcast days, during blackouts or throughout the night.
- Energy independence: With a solar system in Wetherill, you can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely occur in Wetherill, but it’s best you’re prepared. Solar batteries, like the Tesla Powerwall,can ensure you have power even during blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Wetherill Park
The NSW Government is also making EVs more affordable by reducing their upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Wetherill Park solar panels
A mid-range home in Wetherill Park can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Now is the right time to switch to Bangalow solar energy. We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and selecting the right solar installer Brookvale whom you can trust. With this, you can guarantee a solar system in Narellan that meets your energy needs.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.