On This Page
Woodvale in Western Australia (WA) is a suburb with a great community feel. It is close to the beach and has some great schools and parks.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Woodvale*
Total Installed Capacity in Woodvale (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Woodvale, WA
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Woodvale, WA by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Woodvale
Now, you can save a lot of money on residential solar panels in Woodvale because the energy sector is booming with solar. Thus, this results in more accessible and affordable rooftop solar panels. In fact, over 450,000 solar systems had been installed across WA at the beginning of January 2023.
You can start your solar journey by finding the right solar system in Woodvale. The first step is to look for the right solar installer in Woodvale to accommodate your energy needs, personal preference, and budget. It can be overwhelming because of the many solar installers in Woodvale you can choose from, but we’re here to help.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers due to their high bankability. This allows them to honour their warranties. They also produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check them out on Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in WA have rooftop solar systems with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
As electrification goes at a supercharged pace all over the country, it will impact your future energy needs. That’s why we also recommend getting a bigger solar system to prepare you for this. This will also save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Woodvale, WA
There is currently no state rebate in WA, but you can still benefit from nationwide rebates and incentives for your solar system.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Homeowners who plan to get a rooftop solar system can redeem STCs that can be exchanged for a significant discount on the upfront cost of the solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Energy retailers provide FiT when you export excess energy into the grid. They will also be the one to set the FiT rates, which will reflect as a discount on your energy bills.
The right solar system in Woodvale
It’s crucial you get the right solar system in Woodvale. To do that, you need to consider a few things before installing rooftop solar panels in Woodvale:
- Roof condition: Ensure your roof is in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Woodvale.
- Roof angle: It’s ideal that the angle of your roof is tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location in Woodvale.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need, look into your previous energy bills to gain information on your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property may cause shade, which could impact the efficiency of your Woodvale rooftop solar panels. You can trim them down and your solar installer in Woodvale will find the perfect spot for your rooftop solar system.
Moreover, your solar installer in Woodvale will design a system perfect for your roof whilst ensuring you maximise the space.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Woodvale?
A solar battery in Woodvale will let homeowners store excess energy generated by their solar system. With this, you can reap the benefits below:
- Energy independence: Who wants to be fully reliant on the grid? Nobody! Especially now that energy prices are skyrocketing. With a solar battery in Woodvale, you can reduce your grid dependency and even make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: A solar battery in Woodvale, like the Tesla Powerwall, can ensure you have power even during a blackout.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can save you even more money and gain credits for sharing the stored power in your solar battery in Padbury.
Today, you can choose from many brands and types of solar batteries in Woodvale.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Woodvale
Western Australia has subsidies in the form of a $59.1 million package, which includes $3,500 rebates for up to 10,000 buyers of new Battery-Electric vehicles (BEV) and Fuel-Cell Electric Vehicles (FCEV). Additionally, there is a $22.6 million investment in infrastructure to support EVs.
Under this new package, the first 10,000 West Australians to buy a sub-$70,000 BEV or FCEV will get a $3,500 rebate from the WA government. The WA government also nominated a yearly fuel saving of $1,400 for the average motorist who switches from combustion power to a zero-emissions vehicle.
There is also a $4 million fund for the Public Transport Authority to trial the installation of EV charging infrastructure that will provide up to 20 bays per car park with commuter charging access at four key stations. The remainder of $2.9 million will be used to install eight new charging stations along National Highway 1. By 2027, WA will introduce a new distance-based road user charge of 2.5c per kilometre for BEV and FCEV.
Finally, the government offers a $200 rebate for home-charging an EV or plug-in hybrid as part of the WA’s Home Plan incentive.
With the WA Government’s continuous efforts to reach net zero, more EV models will be launched. Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier and more affordable to run and maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net-zero by 2050. You can be a part of this when you switch to an EV today.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium in the world, and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV can help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Woodvale solar panels
The return on investment for a mid-range home in Woodvale is around two to six years. Still, this will depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Nonetheless, the more you consume solar, the more you save on energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.