On This Page
Bayswater is a leafy suburb with a relaxed atmosphere. The suburb is home to a mix of single-family homes and apartments. The suburb is also home to a number of parks and sporting facilities, including the Bayswater Oval and the Bayswater Tennis Club.
There are a number of cafes and restaurants in Bayswater, and the suburb is known for its dining scene. There are also a number of bars and clubs in the suburb, making it a popular place for nightlife.
As you explore the local parks, dine in charming cafes, or enjoy the nightlife, the possibility of seamlessly integrating solar solutions into daily life may resonate with those seeking a harmonious balance between modern living and environmental consciousness. Explore the potential by obtaining free solar quotes from Energy Matters that cater specifically to your needs and circumstances.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Bayswater*
Total Installed Capacity in Bayswater (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Bayswater, WA
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Bayswater, WA by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Bayswater
Solar panels are now more widely available and less expensive than they ever were because of Australia’s developing energy sector. Over 400,000 residences in WA had solar systems installed as of January 1st, 2023.
Now is the perfect time to switch to solar and your first step is to find the right solar installer in Bayswater.
Here at Energy Matters, we recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers due to their high bankability, which allows them to honour their warranties. They also produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can find them by checking out Bloombegr’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
- REC Solar
- LONGi Solar
- Powerwave solar
- Hyundai Energy Solutions
- Jinko Solar
- Axitec Solar
- SunPower Maxeon
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in WA have rooftop solar systems with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
It’s also a good idea to buy a bigger solar system in Maylands as electrification goes at a supercharged pace. Eventually, this will impact your future energy needs, and a bigger rooftop solar system will prepare you for this. This will also save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Baywater, WA
By utilizing federal rebates and incentives, you may still get the most out of your rooftop solar panels in Bayswater even without a state rebate.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Rooftop solar system owners have the option of swapping their STCs for a large discount on the initial cost of their whole solar installation.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Energy retailers are the ones who set the FiT rates and are provided when they export excess energy into the grid. The FiT will reflect as a discount on your energy bills.
The right solar system in Bayswater
To get the most out of your rooftop solar panels, you should consider the following essential factors:
- Roof condition: Prior to installing rooftop solar panels in Bayswater, your roof should be in excellent condition. Hiring a certified roof inspector for this is a wise decision.
- Roof angle: Your Bayswater roof should ideally slope at an angle corresponding to the latitude of your home.
- Energy consumption: The number of solar panels you need depends on how much energy you regularly use each month in Bayswater. You can get this information from your previous energy invoices.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property may provide shade, which could reduce the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Bayswater. Your solar installer in Bayswater will help find the perfect spot for your solar system.
Moreover, your solar installer in Bayswater will design a system perfect for your roof, ensuring you maximise the space.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Bayswater, WA?
If you have a solar battery, you may store any extra energy generated by your rooftop solar panels in Bayswater. As a result, you can benefit from it in the following ways:
- Energy independence: Install a Bayswater solar battery to achieve complete energy independence and reduce your need for the grid.
- Blackout prevention: If you have a solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall in Bayswater you can make sure that you have electricity even during a blackout.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when your receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Bayswater back to the grid.
The good news is that there are a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Bayswater, QLD today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Bayswater
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in Bayswater.
Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government plans to have at least 288 EVs in their fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, more EV models are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in Bayswater:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Bayswater solar panels
For a mid-range home in Bayswater, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.