On This Page
Bell in New South Wales (NSW) is a small village in the Blue Mountains. It is known for its beautiful views and wild valleys. Furthermore, it is a key location where Bells Line of Road and the Darling Causeway meet, which connects Mount Victoria and the Great Western Highway.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Bell*
Total Installed Capacity in Bell (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Bell, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Bell, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Bell
If you’re planning to switch to solar in Bells, then now is the time to do so. There are many solar installers in Bell, which means you won’t have a hard time finding one. The one thing you need to do is to find a solar installer in Bell that suits your energy needs, personal preference, and budget.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they produce higher-quality solar panels and can honour their warranties.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system size of 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We also recommend getting a bigger solar system size initially. This will prepare you as electrification sweeps the nation, which will impact your future energy needs.
With a bigger solar system, you are prepared, saving you a lot of money. In addition, this is a smart move if you have plans to purchase a solar battery or an electric vehicle.
Solar rebates and incentives in Bell, NSW
The NSW Government is on a mission to make solar energy more affordable to its residents through several rebates and incentives.
Swap for Solar
If you can’t afford a solar system, don’t fret. Swap for Solar will allow you to swap your Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, including installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
Suppose you’re not eligible for Swap for Solar, you can still get a rebate swap for energy upgrades. With this, you can get home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
When you have a solar system in Bell, you can trade STCs in exchange for a discount on the upfront installation cost of your solar system.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Your energy retailer will provide you with FiTs when you export excess energy back into the grid. With that, your energy retailer will set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Bell
There are several things to consider when getting rooftop solar panels in Bell, NSW.
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Bell, NSW.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of your roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your home in Bell by getting the average monthly energy consumption. You can get this information by looking into previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property may cause shade that may impact the efficiency of your solar system in Bell. You can trim them down, whilst your solar installer will find the right spot for your solar panels.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Bell, NSW?
When you have a solar battery in Bell, you can store generated energy from your rooftop solar panels. With this, you can have more power on your overcast days, during blackouts or throughout the night.
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient with a solar battery in Bell.
- Blackout protection: Many solar batteries are available today, like the Tesla Powerwall, which will ensure that you have power during blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Bell
The NSW Government is also making EVs more affordable by reducing their upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Bell solar panels
A mid-range home in Bell can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Get rooftop solar panels in Armidale. Energy Matters has a nationwide network of trusted local solar installers in Tathra that you can access today that can provide you with up to 3 Free Solar Quotes. Complete our quick quiz and switch to solar in Muswellbrook today.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.