On This Page
Tathra in New South Wales (NSW) is the only deep-sea timber wharf on the country’s east coast. There are many beaches here, such as the Tathra Beach and some that can be found in Mimosa Rocks National Park, Merimbula, and Bournda National Park.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Tathra*
Total Installed Capacity in Tathra (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Tathra, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Tathra, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Tathra
Tathra receives around 4.8 hours of peak sun per day, and currently, 24 per cent of homes with rooftop solar panels are installed on their properties.
There are many solar installers in Tathra you can choose from. This is why ensuring you have the right solar installer in Tathra is important. With the right solar installer, you can guarantee that your energy needs, personal preference, and budget will be considered.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers for your solar system in Tathra, NSW. They will likely honour their warranties because of their financial stability, and they are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Another thing to remember is that most solar installers in Tathra have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. Hence, it’s essential you compare multiple quotes first.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system size of 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more than what the inverter is rated at.
We also strongly recommend buying a bigger solar system initially, with the rapid pace of electrification in Australia today. With a bigger solar system in Tathra, you can accommodate the impact of electrification on your future energy needs. This is also a good idea if you have plans to buy an electric vehicle or a solar battery.
Solar rebates and incentives in Tathra, NSW
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Tathra may be eligible for a Swap for Solar, which will help reduce energy bills. This will let homeowners in Tathra swap their Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, which includes installation at zero costs.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
If you’re not eligible for a Swap for Solar can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades. This will let homeowners get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
You can get STCs if you have a solar system installed in Australia. However, the value of an STC will depend on the supply and demand in the market. Remember, every solar PV system is assigned a specific number of STCs, and the total value of the STCs will be deducted from the overall value of your system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Exporting excess energy back into the grid will entitle you to FiTs , given by your chosen energy retailer. Therefore, your energy retailer is the one who will set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Tathra
You need to consider a few important factors to ensure you get the best solar system in Tathra. They are the following:
- Roof condition: The roof should be in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Tathra.
- Roof angle: The angle of your roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need for your home in Tathra, look into your previous energy bills. Therefore, this will give you a clear idea of your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may cause shade, impacting your solar system efficiency in Tathra. Trimming them down is important, whilst your solar installer will help you find the right location for your solar panels in Tathra, NSW.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Tathra, NSW?
With a home solar battery storage in Tathra, you can store energy generated by your solar panels. Therefore, you’ll have the energy to use throughout the night, on overcast days or during blackouts. Some other benefits you can get from a solar battery in Tathra are:
- Energy independence: With a solar battery in Tathra, you can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely occur in Tathra, but they can happen. With a solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall, you can ensure you still have power during a blackout.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money. It will allow you to receive credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
You can choose from many brands and types of solar batteries in Tathra, NSW.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Tathra
The NSW Government is also making EVs more affordable by reducing their upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Tathra solar panels
A mid-range home in Tathra can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Now is the right time to switch to Campbelltown solar energy. We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and selecting the right solar installer Lithgow whom you can trust. With this, you can guarantee a solar system in Scone that meets your energy needs.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.