On This Page
Muswellbrook in New South Wales (NSW) is found right smack in the rolling vineyards. There is delicious local produce here, along with beautiful sceneries, art galleries, and more.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Muswellbrook*
Total Installed Capacity in Muswellbrook (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Muswellbrook, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Muswellbrook, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Muswellbrook
Now is the perfect time to switch to solar in Muswellbrook today. In fact, around ten per cent of households in Muswellbrook have rooftop solar panels installed on their roofs today. Thanks to the 4.8 hours of peak sun per day that the area receives, it’s an excellent idea to take advantage of solar energy today.
There are many solar installers in Muswellbrook in NSW today, so you need to ensure to find the right one for you. That’s why we recommend you choose from Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers list because they are the ones who will likely honour their warranties and produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated annually.
Another thing to keep in mind is that most solar installers in Muswellbrook have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. That’s why you should compare multiple quotes first before you make a decision.
To help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a 6.6 kW solar system with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent of solar panels than your inverter is rated at.
Initially, getting a bigger solar system in Muswellbrook will pay off, with the rapid electrification in Australia today, your future energy needs are bound to change. So, it’s best you’re prepared, especially when you have plans to buy a solar battery or an electric vehicle. Additionally, getting a bigger solar system will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Muswellbrook, NSW
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Muswellbrook may be eligible for Swap for Solar, which allows homeowners to swap their Low-Income Household Rebate in exchange for a 3kW solar system, which includes installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
Suppose you’re not eligible for Swap for Solar, you can get a rebate swap instead. This will let you get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
The Australian federal government provides STCs to homeowners and businesses with renewable energy systems. An STC’s value will vary based on the supply and demand in the market. Each solar system in Muswellbrook is assigned a specific amount of STCs, which means the total value will be deducted from the overall value of your solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
FiTs are provided by energy retailers to households that export excess energy back into the grid. Your energy retailer will be the one to set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Muswellbrook
There are several factors to consider to help you find the right solar system in Muswellbrook:
- Roof condition: Your roof must be in perfect condition before you have solar panels installed in Muswellbrook.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof needs to be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: Know the number of solar panels you need in Muswellbrook by looking into your previous energy bills. Doing so will help you better understand your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may cause shade, impacting the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Muswellbrook. In addition, your solar installer will help you find the right spot for your solar system in Muswellbrook.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Muswellbrook, NSW?
When you have a solar battery in Muswellbrook, you get to store the excess energy generated by your solar system. In turn, you can use that to power your home throughout the night, on overcast days or during blackouts.
- Energy independence: When you have a solar battery in Muswellbrook, you get to reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely happen in Muswellbrook, but they can be inconvenient. The Tesla Powerwall, is among the solar batteries you can get today.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you save even more money. It will let you receive credits for sharing the power stored by your solar battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Muswellbrook
The NSW Government is reducing the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligibles EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. To be eligible, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, it will save consumers up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits you can get from an EV:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. Therefore, you can save more money with an EV.
- Help meet the counter’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can be a part of this by simply driving an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world, and EV batteries are primarily made of lithium. When you have an EV, you also support the country’s lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Muswellbrook solar panels
A mid-range home in Muswellbrook can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Now is the right time to switch to Cessnock solar energy. We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and selecting the right solar installer Moree whom you can trust. With this, you can guarantee a solar system in Penrith that meets your energy needs.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.