On This Page
Blacktown in New South Wales (NSW) is the largest of any suburb in the state and is one of the most multicultural places in Sydney. There are a lot of experiences here, such as seeing the wildlife, enjoying the waterslide park, taking in the beauty of the diverse art scene, and many more.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in the Blacktown*
Total Installed Capacity in Blacktown (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Blacktown, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Blacktown, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Blacktown
There is around 14 per cent of homes with rooftop solar panels in Blacktown installed on their roof. The area receives around 4.8 hours of peak sun per day, making it an ideal spot for solar energy. This is why now is the best time to do it if you’re thinking of switching to solar.
The problem is, there are a lot of solar installers in Blacktown today, which can make things overwhelming for you. Energy Matters recommends you choose from the Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers list because they will likely honour their warranties and produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, keep in mind that most solar installers in Blacktown today have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. So, make sure you compare multiple quotes first before you make a decision.
To help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a 6.6 kW solar system with a 5kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent of solar panels than your inverter is rated at.
Another thing is to get a bigger solar system initially to keep up with the rapid electrification in Australia today, which will likely impact your future energy needs. A bigger solar system will prepare you better for the changes ahead, especially if you plan to get a solar battery or an electric vehicle. Also, this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Blacktown, NSW
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Blacktown may be eligible for Swap for Solar, which enables homeowners to swap their Low-Income Household Rebate in exchange for a 3kW solar system, which includes installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
In the case you’re not eligible for Swap for Solar, you can get a rebate swap instead. This will allow you to get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are given by the Australian federal government to homeowners and businesses with renewable energy systems. The value of an STC varies depending on the supply and demand in the market. Each solar system in Blacktown is assigned a specific amount of STCs; hence, the total value will be deducted from the overall value of your solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
FiTs are given by energy retailers to households that export excess energy back into the grid. It is your energy retailer that will set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Blacktown
You need to consider a few important factors to help you find the right solar system in Blacktown:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in perfect condition before you install rooftop solar panels in Blacktown. Getting a professional roof inspector to do this is a great idea.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: Determine the number of solar panels you need in Blacktown by looking into previous energy bills. By doing so, you can get a better idea of your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may cause shade. The shade will impact your rooftop solar panels’ efficiency, so trimming them down is a good idea. Whilst your solar installer in Blacktown will help you find the right spot for your solar system.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Blacktown, NSW?
When you have a solar battery in Blacktown, you can store excess energy generated by your solar system and use that to power your home throughout the night, on overcast days or during blackouts.
- Energy independence: With a solar battery in Blacktown, you can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely occur in Blacktown, but they can be inconvenient. Solar batteries, like the Tesla Powerwall, can help you avoid blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you save even more money. It will allow you to receive credits for sharing the power stored by your solar battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Blacktown
The NSW Government is reducing the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligibles EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. To be eligible, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, it will save consumers up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits you can get from an EV:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. Therefore, you can save more money with an EV.
- Help meet the counter’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can be a part of this by simply driving an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world, and EV batteries are primarily made of lithium. When you have an EV, you also support the country’s lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Blacktown solar panels
A mid-range home in Blacktown can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Our professional solar installers Cobar will assess and determine your energy needs. We customise a solar panel system in Morisset to fit the roof size of your properly, ensuring you receive the most suitable a solar panel system for your Parkes home, meeting to property’s energy requirements.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.