On This Page
Liverpool in New South Wales (NSW) is one of the oldest urban settlements in the country. It is filled with little laneways and arcades, whilst there are also plenty of open spaces here.
Around 15 per cent of households in Liverpool have installed rooftop solar panels, as the area receives 4.8 hours of peak sun per day.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Liverpool*
Total Installed Capacity in tLiverpool (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Liverpool, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Liverpool, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Liverpool
If you’re planning to switch to solar, then you need to find the right solar installer first. The right solar installer in Liverpool, NSW can guarantee you have a solar system that fits your energy needs, personal preference, and budget.
Choosing a solar installer in Liverpool today isn’t easy, with so many to choose from. That’s why here at Energy Matters recommend you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they are financially stable and can honour their warranties. To add to this, they are known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Moreover, most solar installers in Liverpool have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. That’s why we encourage homeowners and business owners in Liverpool to compare multiple quotes.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a 6.6 kW solar system with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent of solar panels than your inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger solar system in Liverpool is also an excellent idea, especially with the rapid electrification today in Australia. Therefore, this may impact your future energy needs; so, getting a bigger solar system as early as now will be crucial, especially if you plan to get a solar battery or an electric vehicle.
Solar rebates and incentives in Liverpool, NSW
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Liverpool may access Swap for Solar, which allows homeowners to swap their Low-Income Household Rebate in exchange for a 3kW solar system with installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
If you’re not eligible for Swap for Solar, you can get a rebate swap instead. As a result, you can get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are provided by the Australian federal government to households and businesses with renewable energy systems. The value of an STC will depend on the supply and demand in the market.
Each solar system in Liverpool is assigned a particular number of STCs. Therefore, the total value of STCs will be deducted from the overall value of your solar system.
FiTs are provided by energy retailers to households that export excess energy back into the grid. It is your energy retailer who will set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Liverpool
Several factors come into play to ensure you get the right solar system in Liverpool today. They are the following:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in perfect condition before you install rooftop solar panels in Liverpool.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need in Liverpool, you should get an idea of your average monthly energy consumption. To know this, look into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may cause shade, which will impact your rooftop solar panels. Trimming them down is a good idea, whilst your solar installer in Liverpool will help you find the perfect location for your solar system.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Liverpool, NSW?
A solar battery in Liverpool will let you store energy generated by your solar system. Therefore, you can use that energy to power your home throughout the night, on overcast days or during blackouts.
- Energy independence: A solar battery in Liverpool will help reduce grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely occur in Liverpool, but they can be really inconvenient. There are many solar batteries available today, like the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP)) can see you saving even more money. It will allow you to receive credits for sharing the power stored by your solar battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Liverpool
The NSW Government is reducing the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligibles EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. To be eligible, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, it will save consumers up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits you can get from an EV:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. Therefore, you can save more money with an EV.
- Help meet the counter’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can be a part of this by simply driving an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world, and EV batteries are primarily made of lithium. When you have an EV, you also support the country’s lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Liverpool solar panels
A mid-range home in Liverpool can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Get rooftop solar panels in Crookwell. Energy Matters has a nationwide network of trusted local solar installers in Muswellbrook that you can access today that can provide you with up to 3 Free Solar Quotes. Complete our quick quiz and switch to solar in Norfolk Island today.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.