On This Page
Located on the North Coast of New South Wales (NSW), Nambucca Heads is a scenic area with a beautiful coastline that offers plenty of outdoor and water activities. The town’s name is derived from an Aboriginal word than translates to “entrance to waters.”
Aside from the beaches, there is also a vibrant arts scene here. Don’t miss out on checking the V-Wall whilst you’re here.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Nambucca Heads*
Total Installed Capacity in Nambucca Heads (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Nambucca Heads, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Nambucca Heads, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Nambucca Heads
Now is a great time to take advantage of solar energy. Around 23 per cent of homes in Nambucca Heads have installed rooftop solar panels. The town is a hot spot for solar power as it receives around 4.8 hours of peak sun per day.
Switching to solar has never been better in Nambucca Heads but now. Hence, your first step is to find the right solar installer. Your solar installer in Nambucca Heads will ensure the best solar system for your home that will match your energy needs, personal preference, and budget.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they can honour their warranties and produce higher-quality solar panels.
To know who they are, check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
You should also keep in mind that most solar installers in Nambucca Heads, NSW have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. So, you should really take the time to compare multiple quotes first.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system size of 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We also encourage homeowners in Nambucca Heads to get a bigger solar system initially. Electrification in Australia is fast; soon enough, this will impact your future energy needs. You are prepared when you get a bigger solar system as early as now. This also gives you room for other renewable energy sources, such as electric vehicles or solar batteries.
Solar rebates and incentives in Nambucca Heads, NSW
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Nambucca Heads in NSW may be eligible for a Swap for Solar. With this, they can swap their Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, which includes installation, at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
Not everyone is eligible for the Swap for Solar, but there’s still a way to save money on energy. You can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades instead, which will provide free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Every homeowner in Australia with a solar system is entitled to receive STCs. The value of an STC will depend on the supply and demand in the market, which will be deducted from the overall value of your solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
When you export excess energy back into the grid, you get to receive FiTs from your energy retailer.
The right solar system in Nambucca Heads
Here are a few important considerations to take to get the best rooftop solar panels in Nambucca Heads:
- Roof condition: Before installing rooftop solar panels in Nambucca Heads, you need to ensure your roof is in perfect condition.
- Roof angle: Ideally, your roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the solar panels you need for your home in Nambucca Heads, look into your previous energy bills. This will give you a general idea of your average monthly energy consumption that will help you determine the best size of the solar system in Nambucca Heads, NSW.
- Surrounding shade: Trees and other structures, whether on your property or in your neighbour’s yard, may cause shade that could compromise the efficiency of your solar system in Nambucca Heads. You can trim them down, whilst your solar installer will help you choose the perfect spot for your solar system in Nambucca Heads, NSW.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Nambucca Heads, NSW?
With home battery storage in Nambucca Heads, you can store energy generated by your solar system. In turn, you have power throughout the night, during blackouts or overcast days.
- Energy independence: With a solar battery in Nambucca Heads, you reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts in Nambucca Heads are rare but can happen. You can ensure you have power during a blackout with a solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money. It will let you receive credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
You can choose from many brands and types of solar batteries in Nambucca Heads today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Nambucca Heads
The NSW Government is also making EVs more affordable by reducing their upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Nambucca Heads solar panels
A mid-range home in Nambucca Heads can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Our professional solar installers Byron Bay will assess and determine your energy needs. We customise a solar panel system in Lightning Ridge to fit the roof size of your properly, ensuring you receive the most suitable a solar panel system for your Taree home, meeting to property’s energy requirements.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.