On This Page
Regents Park in New South Wales (NSW) is one of the best suburbs in the Sydney region. It’s in a strategic location close to schools, shops, restaurants, sports, and entertainment, making it perfect for individuals, couples, and families.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Regents Park*
Total Installed Capacity in Regents Park (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Regents Park
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Regents Park, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Regents Park
There are now many households in the suburb with rooftop solar panels installed. In fact, approximately 14 per cent of households have them already. It’s safe to say that now is a great time to switch to solar energy in Regents Park.
To do so, you must first find a solar installer in Regents Park. There are many to choose from, that’s why Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers. These are the ones who are known to produce higher quality solar panels and honour their warranties.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Keep in mind that most solar installers in Regents Park have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. That’s why it’s a good idea to shop around and gather multiple quotes first.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system size of 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Initially, it’s a good idea to buy a bigger solar system as electrification in Australia grows rapidly. With a bigger solar system in Regents Park, you are ready for its impact on your future energy needs. In addition, this will be beneficial when you plan to buy an electric vehicle or a solar battery soon.
Solar rebates and incentives in Regents Park, NSW
There are several solar rebates and incentives in Regents Park that are available to make solar energy even more affordable.
Swap for Solar
Thanks to Swap for Solar, low-income households can get solar energy in Regents park. This lets homeowners swap their Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, which includes installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
If you’re not eligible for a Swap for Solar, you can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades instead. With this, you get home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
When you have a solar system in Regents Park, you are entitled to STCs. You can trade them for a discount on the upfront installation cost of your solar system. Keep in mind that the value of an STC varies.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
You can get FiTs from your energy retailer when you export excess energy back into the grid. Therefore, it is your energy retailer who will set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Regents Park
There are also a few things to consider to ensure you get the right solar system in Regents Park:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in excellent condition before you install rooftop solar panels in Regents Park. With that, it’s a good idea to hire a professional roof inspection services for this.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of your roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need, you should have an idea of your average monthly energy consumption. You can get this information via your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees and other structures, whether on your property or on your neighbour’s yard, may cause shade that will impact the efficiency of your solar system. Trimming them down is one thing you can do, whilst your solar installer in Regents Park will also help find the perfect spot for your solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Regents Park, NSW?
A home solar battery storage in Regents Park will let you store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. So, you can ensure that you will have power on overcast days, throughout the night or during blackouts. Aside from that, let’s discuss the other benefits of a solar battery in Regents Park below:
- Energy independence: The grid has been unstable for quite a while now, which leads to higher energy costs. With a solar battery, you can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely occur in Regents Park, but they can be inconvenient when they do. A solar battery, such as the Tesla Powerwall, can ensure you have power even during a blackout.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Regents Park
The NSW Government is also making EVs more affordable by reducing their upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Regents Park solar panels
A mid-range home in Regents Park can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Our professional solar installers Bell will assess and determine your energy needs. We customise a solar panel system in Cardiff to fit the roof size of your properly, ensuring you receive the most suitable a solar panel system for your Orange home, meeting to property’s energy requirements.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.