On This Page
Rutherford is a suburb in New South Wales (NSW) that consists of a number of industrial estates and other facilities. There are many affordable housing options here as well as good schools, which is why there is also an increase in the number of families moving to the suburb.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Rutherford*
Total Installed Capacity in Rutherford (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Rutherford, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Rutherford, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Rutherford
Homeowners in Rutherford are switching to solar energy, with around 14 per cent of households have rooftop solar panels already. So, if you plan to go solar, then the first thing to do is to find the right solar installer in Rutherford.
With so many solar installers in Rutherford today, you want to make sure you find one that will suit your needs. Working with the right solar installer will ensure your energy needs, budget, and personal preference will be met.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they produce higher-quality solar panels and can honour their warranties.
To know who they are, you can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
One thing to remember is that most solar installers in Rutherford have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. Hence, if you’re particular about the brand, take the time to gather several quotes first.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system size of 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Another thing we recommend here at Energy Matters is to get a bigger solar system initially. This is to make way for the fast-paced electrification happening all over the nation that will impact your future energy needs. By getting a bigger solar system early on, you are better equipped to face these changes, saving you more money. Finally, this is excellent if you’re on the verge of getting an electric vehicle or a solar battery soon.
Solar rebates and incentives in Rutherford, NSW
Swap for Solar
Those who can’t afford a solar system in Rutherford can still take advantage of solar energy. Eligible homeowners can use Swap for Solar by swapping their Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, which includes installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
In case you’re not eligible for a Swap for Solar, you can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades instead. With this, you can get home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
With a solar system in Rutherford, you can get STCs that you can trade them in exchange for a discount on the upfront installation cost of your solar system.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Your energy retailer will provide you with FiTs when you export excess energy back into the grid. Therefore, they will be the ones who will set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Rutherford
There are a few important things to consider to ensure you get the right rooftop solar panels in Rutherford, NSW. They are the following:
- Rood condition: It’s essential that your roof is in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Rutherford, NSW.
- Roof angle: The angle of the roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need for your home in Rutherford, get to know your average monthly energy consumption. You can determine this by looking into previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property may cause shade, which can impact the efficiency of your solar system. You can trim them down, whilst your solar installer will find the right spot for your solar panels.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Rutherford, NSW?
When you have a home solar battery storage in Rutherford, you have a place to store the generated energy from your rooftop solar panels. With this, you can look forward to power on overcast days, during blackouts or throughout the night.
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient with a solar battery in Rutherford.
- Blackout protection: Solar batteries, like the Tesla Powerwall, can ensure you have power even during blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Rutherford
The NSW Government is also making EVs more affordable by reducing their upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Rutherford solar panels
A mid-range home in Rutherford can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Our professional solar installers Ballina will assess and determine your energy needs. We customise a solar panel system in Broken Hill to fit the roof size of your properly, ensuring you receive the most suitable a solar panel system for your Nambucca Heads home, meeting to property’s energy requirements.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.