On This Page
Known for the beautiful views of the NSW Snowy Mountains, Tumut is located on the mountains’ foothills with many natural wonders. Many outdoor activities are yours to enjoy whilst a rich art scene can also be explored here. One of the most distinctive features here is the Lombardy Poplars below the All Saints Anglican Church.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Tumut*
Total Installed Capacity in Tumut (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Tumut, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Tumut, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Tumut
Around 14 per cent of homes around Tumut have rooftop solar panels, as the town gets 4.8 hours of peak sun per day. Now is the best time to switch to solar energy and install rooftop solar panels in Tumut.
Your first step is to find the right solar installer in Tumut. With so many to choose from, you need to take your time. To help you out, we recommend you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they can honour their warranties and produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
One thing to keep in mind is that most solar installers in Tumut have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. This is why you need to compare multiple quotes first.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system size of 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We also recommend getting a bigger solar system in Tumut initially with the fast-paced electrification in Australia today that will impact your future energy needs. With a solar battery in Tumut, you are prepared for this, especially when you have plans to get an electric vehicle or a solar battery.
Solar rebates and incentives in Tumut, NSW
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Tumut may be eligible for a Swap for Solar that allows homeowners to swap their Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, which includes installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
If you’re not eligible for a Swap for Solar, you can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades instead. With this, homeowners in Tumut can get home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
If you have a solar system in Tumut, then you’re eligible for STCs. STC’s value depends on the supply and demand in the market.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
When you export excess energy back into the grid, you can get FiTs. Your energy retailer will provide the FiTs will set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Tumut
There are a few things to consider to ensure you get the right solar system in Tumut, NSW:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in excellent condition before you install rooftop solar panels in Tumut.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of your roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need, look into your previous energy bills. This will give you an idea of your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may cause shade, which will affect your solar panels’ efficiency. Trimming them down is one thing you can do, whilst your solar installer in Tumut will help find the right location for your solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Tumut, NSW?
When you have home battery storage in Tumut, you can store energy generated by your solar system. In turn, you can have power throughout the night, on overcast days or during blackouts.
- Energy independence: A solar battery in Tumut will help reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts in Tumut rarely occur, but they can be inconvenient. A solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall, can ensure you have power during a blackout.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money. It will allow you to receive credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Tumut
The NSW Government is also making EVs more affordable by reducing their upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Tumut solar panels
A mid-range home in Tumut can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Now is the right time to switch to Broken Head solar energy. We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and selecting the right solar installer Cooma whom you can trust. With this, you can guarantee a solar system in Maitland that meets your energy needs.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.