On This Page
Yamba in New South Wales is a coastal town with beautiful beaches and marine parks. National parks and wilderness reserves also surround the town, making it a breathtaking sight. The National Surfing Reserve here is one of the top right-hand point breaks in the country.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Yamba*
Total Installed Capacity in Yamba (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Yamba, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Yamba, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Yamba
Around 24 per cent of homes have rooftop solar panels installed in Yamba, as the town receives 4.8 hours of peak sun per day. With that, now is the time to find a solar installer in Yamba.
With so many solar installers in Yamba you can choose from, it can be overwhelming. Do know that the right solar installer in Yamba will ensure the right solar system for you as it will be aligned to your personal preference, energy needs, and budget.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers for your solar panels in Yamba, NSW. They are the ones who are financially stable and can honour their warranties. In addition, they are known to provide higher-quality solar panels.
You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Another thing to keep in mind is that if you have a preferred solar panel brand in mind, then you must compare multiple quotes. This is because most solar installers in Yamba, NSW already have a preferred solar panel manufacturer.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Thankfully, the costs of solar panels in Yamba have become more affordable than ever, and they are expected to reduce more. When it comes to the size of the solar system you need for your home in Yamba, most homes in NSW have a solar system size of 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter.
However, you can install more than 33 per cent more than what your inverter is rated at. We also recommend you purchase a bigger solar system in Yamba initially, as this will save you more money.
Furthermore, this will help you accommodate your needs as electrification in the country intensifies. This is also an excellent idea if you plan to purchase a solar battery or an electric vehicle.
Solar rebates and incentives in Yamba, NSW
The NSW Government continues to make solar even more affordable through its rebates and incentives.
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Yamba may be eligible for the Swap for Solar, which will help reduce energy bills. This allows homeowners in Yamba to swap their Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, which includes installation at zero costs.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
Those who are not eligible for a solar swap can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades. With this, it will let homeowners get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are available for all Australias with solar systems installed. In Yamba, you can get STCs if you have rooftop solar panels. The Australian federal government provides these STCs, yet its value will depend on the supply and demand in the market. Every solar PV system is assigned a specific number of STCs, and the total value of the STCs will be deducted from the total value of your system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
When homeowners export excess energy back into the grid, FiTs are given to them by their energy retailers. It is your energy retailer who will set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Yamba
There are important factors to consider to get the best solar system in your Yamba property:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in excellent condition before you install rooftop solar panels in Yamba.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of your roof should be tilted at the same angle the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your home in Yamba, look into your previous energy bills. This will help you get a clear idea of your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees, shrubbery, and other structures can cause shade that may impact your solar panel efficiency. It is your solar installer who will find the best location for your solar panels in Yamba, NSW.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Yamba, NSW?
In Yamba, a home solar battery storage will allow homeowners to store energy generated by the solar system that they can use throughout the night, on overcast days, or during blackouts. A solar storage battery can also deliver the following benefits:
- Energy independence: You can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient with a solar battery in Yamba.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely occur in Yamba, but they can happen. You can get a solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall, to ensure your home has power even during a blackout.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money. It will allow you to receive credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
There are now many brands and types of solar batteries you can get in Yamba, NSW today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Yamba
The NSW Government is also making EVs more affordable by reducing their upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Yamba solar panels
A mid-range home in Yamba can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Our professional solar installers Cardiff will assess and determine your energy needs. We customise a solar panel system in Liverpool to fit the roof size of your properly, ensuring you receive the most suitable a solar panel system for your Queanbeyan home, meeting to property’s energy requirements.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.