On This Page
‘Clear Waters’, the Aboriginal meaning for Queanbeyan, encapsulates the Molonglo River that runs through Queanbeyan. Known for its cultural offerings in the form of galleries, performing arts, and museums, Queanbeyan NSW is the destination for those looking to experience the finer things! Queanbeyan is also famous for its car shows and treasure trails. The people of Queanbeyan enjoy a warm and temperate climate, though the winter nights can get quite cold!
If you live in Queanbeyan, and you’re thinking of installing rooftop solar PV panels, then you’re on the right page!
The south-eastern region of New South Wales (NSW), where Queanbeyan is located, has 5,164 solar panels installed under 10kW with a collective capacity of 36,929 kW.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Queanbeyan*
Total Installed Capacity in Queanbeyan (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Queanbeyan, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Queanbeyan, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Queanbeyan
Consider your personal preference, energy needs, and budget to help you find the right solar panels. If you have a particular preference for the brand of solar panels you wish to install in Queanbeyan, we suggest you gather multiple quotes. Usually, solar installers in Queanbeyan have preferred solar manufacturers, so it makes sense that you collect multiple quotes to ensure you are getting the brand you prefer (and the right solar panels) for you.
Here at Energy Matters, we recommend you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers in Queanbeyan. Bloomberg New Energy Finance releases a Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list annually that you can check out.
These Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers are considered “financially stable” to honour warranties in the long run. Additionally, they usually deliver higher-quality solar panels.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Fortunately, the costs of solar PV panels in Queanbeyan have reduced significantly over the years, and they’re expected to go down even more.
When it comes to the right solar panel size for your Queanbeyan property, you need to consider your roof and the amount of energy allowable by your local electricity network.
The average size of residential solar PV systems in NSW is 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. If you consume a lot of energy, or plan to add an Electric Vehicle (EV) or solar battery, then it’s best to go a size bigger than 6.6 kW.
We recommend sizing up as much as possible as this will help you save more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Queanbeyan, NSW
The federal and NSW Government continues to make solar power affordable in the state. They providesolar rebates and incentives—the Solar for Low-Income Households Trial, Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs), and Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs).
Swap for Solar
Swap for Solar aims to reduce energy bills for low-income households by allowing them to swap their Low Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, fully installed, at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
Additionally, there is rebate swap for energy upgrades for household that are not eligible for the solar swap. This scheme provides eligible homes a free home energy assessment to home appliances upgrades to the value of $4000.
You can read more about these two schemes here.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
The Australian federal government provides STCs to businesses and households in Australia
STCs are tradable certficates that you or your installer can exchange for a discount on the cost of your solar system in Queanbeyan. The amount of STCs you receive will depend on the size of your solar system. Most households choose to receive a point of sale discount off the overall cost of their solar system in Queanbeyan, which often results in thousands of dollars saved. Your solar installer can take care of all of this for you.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
FiTs are paid by energy providers to homeowners when they export excess energy generated by their solar system into the grid. It is your energy retailer who will set the rate of your FiT. For this reason, we recommend comparing energy retailers to ensure that you are getting the best FiT for your home.
The right solar system in Queanbeyan
Here are the factors to consider to get the best solar system for your Queanbeyan property:
- Roof condition: Make sure to check your roof condition before you have solar panels in Queanbeyan installed. Your roof should be in perfect shape.
- Roof angle: The angle of your roof is important here. Ideally, it should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To ensure you get the right size of solar system for your Queanbeyan home, you need to look into your average monthly consumption. You can do this by checking your previous monthly energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Shade due to trees, shrubbery, and surrounding structures may impact the efficiency of your solar panel in Queanbeyan. Fortunately, your solar installer will help you find the right location for your property.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE solar quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need solar battery storage in Queanbeyen, NSW?
Home solar battery storage in Queanbeyan will allow you to store electricity generated by your solar panels which you can use at night or on overcast days. Therefore, considering a solar storage battery is worth it, and there are several brands available today.
Here are some of the reasons a solar battery is a good investment:
- Energy independence: The increase in electricity rates, and reduced reliability of the electrical grid, are an ongoing an increasing problem for Australians. Fortunately, when you have a home solar battery in Queanbeyan, you don’t have to fully rely on the grid as your home will be more, or even fully, self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts can be a huge hassle, and many solar batteries, like the Tesla Powerwall, can power your Queanbeyan home when the rest of your street or suburb is without power. Your solar panels in Queanbeyan will charge your battery throughout the day so you still have energy to use through the day and, depending on your usage, at night.
- Cost savings: When you participate in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP), your battery will help you save more money by receiving credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Queanbeyan
The NSW Government is also making EVs even more affordable. They are reducing the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. However, to be eligible, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, will save you up to $5,540.
Here are some of the benefits of EVs today:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. Therefore, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world, and EV batteries are primarily made of lithium. As a result, getting an EV is a great way to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Queanbeyan solar panels
A mid-range home in Queanbeyan can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s important to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern as well, as this will impact the ROI timeframe.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free solar quote and find out what payment plan options are available.