Clipsal CENT-A-METER Energy Monitoring Device
Clipsal CENT-A-METER™ is an inexpensive new product designed for consumers.
- It displays the cost of electricity being used on a portable, easy-to-read LCD monitor inside your home.
- You can assist energy conservation, sustain the environment and reduce your energy bill if you adopt simple and efficient energy saving practices.
- Learn how much it costs to operate electrical appliances and save money.
- It can save you money and help our precious environment.
- It will change the way you think about energy use and conservation during daily activities.
- Is a remote reading monitor developed to meet community demands for energy efficiency.
- It is easy to read, easy to use, and easy to install it. It makes it easy to check out the cost of operating your electrical appliances.
- Peak load can be reduced by using the alarm to keep power usage and cost below a set amount.
- Educate household members about the operating costs of electrical appliances.
- Temperature and Humidity shows home comfort level together with cost of heating or cooling.
- Power and current flow can be checked for correct and efficient operations of appliances.
Knowledge about the amount of power used enables consumers to make informed decisions about choosing energy efficient appliances, use of sustainable "green power" source, reduction of stand-by power losses and re-scheduling of unnecessary consumption during peak load periods. The monitoring of ambient comfort levels inside the home encourages efficient use of space heating and air-conditioning that are substantial energy users.
The Clipsal CENT-A-METER™ comprises of a sensor, wireless transmitter and receiver. The sensor is a clip-on current transformer that samples the electric current on each active phase wire inside the switchboard.
These readings are aggregated and relayed by the 433 MHz wireless transmitter to the remote receiver/monitor. The receiver computes the approximate power use, energy cost and greenhouse gas generation and displays the results on a large portable LCD screen. Consumers can input specific country currency and voltage, electricity tariff rate, greenhouse gas conversion factor and peak load alarm value.
This product measures domestic electricity use and displays the cost per hour on a portable display located inside the home.
Additional features include:
- Display of power consumption
- Suitable for 110/220/230/240/250 VAC & 50/60 Hz
- Displays the cost per hour of electricity
- Equivalent greenhouse gas generated
- Indoor ambient temperature and humidity
- The Clipsal CENT-A-METER™ acts as a safety check to see if any electric heater, stove, iron, etc. has been left turned on before leaving home
- Installation is easy wireless technology and the special Clip-On sensor to ensure no interruption of supply. The Clipsal CENT-A-METER™ must be installed by a licensed electrician.
- Settings and display modes can be viewed and changed by a push button menu.
- Extra large LCD display. Multiple monitors can be used in different locations for a single transmitter.
- Additional sensors for 2 and 3 phase power supplies (optional)
- AC/DC power pack for monitor display (optional)
- In the near future, the Clipsal CENT-A-METER™ will be available in a wide range of colors and styles to match the decor in your home or office.
Clipsal CENT-A-METER™ is NOT an accumulation revenue meter and cannot check your energy bill, but may be used to monitor individual circuits of metered premises to estimate their share of power use.
The receiver computes the approximate power use, energy cost and greenhouse gas generation.
- Limited One Year Warranty
|Power On Factory Default Settings |
|AC Voltage ||240 V |
|1 kg CO2 ||1 kW/hr |
|GHG unit (greenhouse gas) ||Kg/Hour |
|GHG conversion ||1 kg CO2 = 1kW/hr |
|Radio frequency |
|System ||433 MHz radio frequency |
|Range ||30 meters in open area (partitions, walls, and electrical appliances may affect reception range) |
|Operating temperature ||5° C … 45° C (41° F…113° F) at 85% relative humidity |
|Storage temperature ||-5° C ….60° C (23° F … 140° F) at 85% relative humidity |
|Main Unit Receiver - CM113 |
|Dimensions ||107W x 117H x 30D mm |
|Weight ||160 g |
|Remote Transmitter - CMR113 |
|Dimensions ||78W x 113H x 40D mm |
|Weight ||110 g |
|Current Sensor - CMS113 |
|Dimensions ||50W x 50H x 30D mm |
|Weight ||20 g |
Quality and Safety
- N12357 CE Manufactured to ISO9000 Quality Assurance Standards and applicable Australian and New Zealand Communications and Electricity Authorities Regulations.
Downloads and Manuals
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 01 October, 2007.