On This Page
Gloucester in New South Wales (NSW) is a country town nestled in The Buckets (Buccan Buccans). The picturesque mountains, the river, and the vast amounts of land make the town look like it’s straight from a holiday postcard.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Gloucester*
Total Installed Capacity in Gloucester (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Gloucester, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Gloucester, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Gloucester
If you’re thinking of switching to solar energy in Gloucester, then the first step is to find the right solar installer. Your solar installer will ensure you have the ideal solar system in Gloucester by considering your energy needs, personal preference, and budget.
One thing to keep in mind is that most solar installers in Gloucester have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. If you are particular about the brand, take the time to gather several quotes from solar installers first.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they produce higher-quality solar panels. In addition, they are financially stable, which allows them to honour their warranties.
To know who these manufacturers are, check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance List, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
For most homes in NSW, the average size of a solar system is 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. We recommend getting a bigger solar system in Gloucester in preparation for the fast-paced electrification today.
By getting a bigger solar system in Gloucester today, you save more money in the long run. In addition, this will be beneficial if you plan on getting an electric vehicle or a solar battery.
Solar rebates and incentives in Gloucester, NSW
The NSW government has made solar energy even more affordable through solar rebates and incentives.
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Gloucester may be eligible for Swap for Solar. This allows them to reduce their energy bills by swapping their Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3 kW solar system, including installation, at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
In case you’re not eligible for the solar swap, you can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades instead. This will give you free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are available to all Australians, and their value depends on the supply and demand in the market. Every solar PV system is assigned a specific number of STCs, and their total value will be deducted from the overall cost of their solar system in Gloucester.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
FiTs are provided by energy providers to homeowners when they export excess energy back into the grid.
The right solar system in Gloucester
There are several factors to consider to ensure you get the right solar system for your home. They are the following:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in good condition before you install rooftop solar panels in Gloucester.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the roof angle must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your Gloucester home, you need to know your average energy monthly consumption. You can do this by checking your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees may cause shade and impact the efficiency of your solar system in Gloucester. Your solar installer in Gloucester will help you find the right location, whilst trimming them down will be beneficial.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Gloucester, NSW?
With a solar battery in Gloucester, you can store energy generated by your solar system that you can use on overcast days, throughout the night or during blackouts. Below are the benefits of having a solar battery in Gloucester:
- Energy independence: You can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient with a solar battery in Gloucester.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts in Gloucester rarely occur, but they can be inconvenient when they happen. The Tesla Powerwalll is one of the best solar batteries you can get today.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you save even more money. It will let you receive credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Fortunately, there are many brands and types of solar batteries you can get in Gloucester today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Gloucester
The NSW Government is also making efforts to make EVs more affordable. They are reducing the upfront cost for the first 25,000 EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. However, the EV must be eligible, which means that it should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combine this with the abolition of stamp duty; then, you get savings of up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits you can get from an EV:
- Lower costs: EVs are simpler to maintain and more affordable to run. Therefore, you get to save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. Be part of this simply by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium in the whole world, and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium? Therefore, when you get an EV, you can support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Gloucester solar panels
A mid-range home in Gloucester can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s important to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.