On This Page
Mount Barker in Western Australia (WA) is a quiet town surrounded by rolling hills. It is rich with historic buildings and a thriving wine scene that makes it one of the towns people go to for some good wine selections.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Mount Barker*
Total Installed Capacity in Mount Barker (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Mount Barker, WA
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Mount Barker, WA by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Mount Barker
There is a growing number of households in Mount Barker that are installing rooftop solar panels. Hence, now is the perfect time to take advantage of solar and reap its benefits.
You need to find the right solar installer in Mount Barker first. We know it can be a tedious process considering that there are a lot of solar installers in Mount Barker you can choose from.
To make things easier, choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they produce higher-quality solar panels whilst having the financial ability to honour their warranties.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
You should also remember that most solar installers in Mount Barker, WA have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. This is why we highly encourage you to take the time to look around and compare several quotes first.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in WA have a solar system size of 6.6 kW for PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. Homeowners can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Energy Matters also recommends you buy a bigger solar system initially, considering the fast-paced electrification happening in the country today. Things are bound to change that will impact your future energy needs. By being prepared, you are guaranteed convenience in the future.
In addition, a bigger solar system will also accommodate your needs should you buy an electric vehicle or a solar battery.
Solar rebates and incentives in Mount Barker
Owning a solar system in Mount Barker, WA is even more affordable today with the following:
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
When you have rooftop solar panels in Mount Barker or in other parts of Australia, you are entitled to an STC. STCs are tradeable in exchange for a huge discount on your solar system. However, the amount of STCs you will get will depend on the supply and demand in the market, as well as the size and location of your solar system in Mount Barker, WA.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
FiTs provide homeowners credit for every kWh of energy they export back into the grid. Your energy retailer will apply the credit, which will reflect as a discount. That said, you must choose the right energy retailer for the best FiT rates. Again, this is why you should compare energy retailers first.
The right solar system in Mount Barker
There are several crucial factors to consider before you install rooftop solar panels in Mount Barker, WA. They are the following:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in perfect condition before you install rooftop solar panels in Mount Barker. We recommend hiring a professional roofer for this.
- Roof angle: The angle of your roof plays a vital role in the efficiency of your solar system in Mount Barker. Ideally, the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need in Mount Barker, WA, you need to get an idea of your average monthly energy consumption. You can get this information by looking into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may cause shade, which may impact your solar panel efficiency. You can trim them down whilst your solar installer in Mount Barker, WA will help you find the right spot for your solar system.
Also, your solar installer in Mount Barker, WA will design a system to let you maximise your roof space whilst considering your current and future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Mount Barker?
With a home solar battery in Mount Barker, you can store excess energy that you can use during blackouts, throughout the night or on overcast days. Here are the other benefits you can get from it:
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient with a solar battery in Mount Barker.
- Blackout protection: Solar batteries, like the Tesla Powerwall, can protect you from a blackout in Mount Barker. You can guarantee you will have power at times like this.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money because you will gain credits for sharing the power stored in your solar battery back to the grid.
Currently, there are many brands and types of solar batteries available in Mount Barker, WA.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Mount Barker
Western Australia has subsidies in the form of a $59.1 million package, which includes $3,500 rebates for up to 10,000 buyers of new Battery-Electric vehicles (BEV) and Fuel-Cell Electric Vehicles (FCEV). Additionally, there is a $22.6 million investment in infrastructure to support EV.
Under this new package, the first 10,000 West Australians to buy a sub-$70,000 BEV or FCEV will get a $3,500 rebate from the WA government. The WA government also nominated a yearly fuel saving of $1,400 for the average motorist who switches from combustion power to a zero-emissions vehicle.
There is also a $4 million fund for the Public Transport Authority to trial the installation of EV charging infrastructure that will provide up to 20 bays per car park with commuter charging access at four key stations. The remainder of $2.9 million will be used to install eight new charging stations along National Highway 1. By 2027, WA will introduce a new distance-based road user charge of 2.5c per kilometre for BEV and FCEV.
Finally, the government offers a $200 rebate for home-charging an EV or plug-in hybrid as part of the WA’s Home Plan incentive.
With the WA Government’s continuous efforts to reach net-zero, there will be more EV models to be launched. Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier and more affordable to run and maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net-zero by 2050. You can be a part of this when you switch to an EV today.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium in the world, and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV can help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Mount Barker solar panels
For a mid-range home in Mount Barker, the return on investment is around two to six years. Still, this will depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Nonetheless, the more you consume solar, the more you save on energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.