In addition to zero up-front outlay in some cases; some of the many advantages for commercial operations, government entities and other organisations of sourcing solar power via a PPA or operating lease through Energy Matters include:
- Removal of the burden of ownership of a system
- Electricity remains an operational expense
- Savings on electricity costs
- Built in redundancy – you maintain access to mains grid power.
- Operating lease generation guarantees
- Hedges electricity price rise risk
- Full O&M servicing + 24/7 remote monitoring
- Potential to easily expand and/or add on new technologies as required
Call our Commercial Sales Team on 133 SUN or alternatively, use our contact form to find out more about solar PPA and leasing options.
What is a solar PPA?
We were one of the first providers in Australia to offer a solar Power Purchase Agreement (PPA)
A Solar PPA is a long term contract to purchase electricity generated by a solar panel system installed at your premises.
Features and benefits include:
- Monthly payments per unit electricity delivered
- Solar PPA electricity reduces your grid electricity purchases
- Solar PPA electricity is charged at agreed prices for the duration of the contract
- Flexible lease terms between 10 –20 years with extension and early buyout options
- We maintain and manage the system throughout the solar PPA term
- Provides future certainty over electricity expenditure
What is a Solar Operating Lease?
A Solar Operating Lease is a contract to pay a fixed monthly amount for consuming electricity generated by a solar power system on your premises. Some of the benefits include:
- Fixed monthly payment for all electricity delivered
- A solar lease reduces your organisation’s dependence on electricity from the grid
- System generation guarantee
- Flexible lease terms between 7 –15 years
- SunEdison maintain and manage the system throughout the lease term
- Provides future certainty over electricity costs
Which is best – a solar lease or PPA?
The major differences between a solar lease and power purchase agreement are the duration of the arrangements and pricing model. With a PPA, you make monthly payments per unit of electricity delivered. With a lease, the payments are predetermined; regardless of how much electricity is consumed.
While both a PPA and a solar lease arrangement involve zero capital outlay; there are a number of factors needing to be considered with either option to gauge the best solution for your company or organisation. Our friendly experts can advise you on whether a PPA or a lease would be the better option for your circumstances. Call our Commercial Sales Team on 133 SUN or alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.