Solar Power In Port Hedland, WA, 6721
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in Western Australia, including Port Hedland (postcode: 6721) and the Pilbara region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout WA.
Port Hedland not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Port Hedland
Western Australia, 6721
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Port Hedland , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Pilbara region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly Western Australia team on 133-SUN.
Port Hedland's solar energy resources
On average, Port Hedland receives solar irradiation levels of around 6.45 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Port Hedland should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 5° to 15° and the optimal angle is 10°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Port Hedland
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Port Hedland and is based on components well suited to Western Australia - Outback area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Port Hedland: 9.2286 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 6.4368 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 11.5614 kWh**
- Average annual output: 3368 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $1010 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Port Hedland
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Port Hedland: 18.4572 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 12.8736 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 23.1228 kWh**
- Average annual production: 6737 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $2021 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Port Hedland
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Port Hedland: 30.762 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 21.456 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 38.538 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 11229 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $3368 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Port Hedland
Solar installations in Port Hedland, WA, 6721
There are 64 solar PV installations in Port Hedland's postcode, 6721, totaling 253.72 kW of capacity. The 6721 postcode accounts for 0.004% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Port Hedland area.
The average system size in Port Hedland is 3.96kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Port Hedland's postcode area are generating an average of 1636 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $14728 monthly and $179196 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 6721 postcode is enough to fully power 70 Australian homes.
Port Hedland solar carbon offset
System owners in Port Hedland's postcode are collectively avoiding 597 tonnes (coal fired power) or 239 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 86 - 214 cars off Port Hedland's roads.
Port Hedland, Western Australia regional boundaries
Other related Port Hedland information
Port Hedland's coordinates are -20.314233,118.577946 and its weather station is located at Port Hedland Arrt. Port Hedland Arrt weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Port Hedland: 6.45 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 5.09 m/s
- Air pressure: 100.98 kPa
- Humidity: 56.21%
- Air temperature: 26.27 degrees C
- Earth temperature:29.19 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Port Hedland
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Port Hedland households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Port Hedland and the Pilbara region. For more WA solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in Western Australia or call our Port Hedland hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Port Hedland
Join Port Hedland's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Port Hedland and the Pilbara region. Call our Western Australia team on 133-SUN for more information.